CurraghCAST is an innovative synthetic, lightweight casting bandage for use in orthopaedic casting & splinting.
• Simple to apply
• High hardness & light weight
• Excellent ventilation
• Rapid ossification & hardness
• Excellent X-ray penetration
• Good waterproofing quality
• Flexible shaping
• Comfortable & safe to animals
• Wide application
• Environment friendly
Available in 3 colours: Red, white or blue.
Size: 10cm x 3.6m
Application is simple:
• Immerse the roll in water at room temperature (21-24°C) for 4-6 seconds and squeeze it 2-3 times firmly.
• Unwind the roll spirally, overlap the previous layer by one-half or two-thirds of the roll width. Avoid excessive tightness. Just 3-4 layers provide a strong non-weight bearing cast and 5-6 layers is adequate for a weight bearing cast.
• Smooth and rub the surface to achieve good contact between layers. Allow about 10 minutes for sufficient hardness.
• The cast can be trimmed or removed with traditional cast saw equipment.